Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Karine's April Shares and a Video Tutorial

Hi crafty friends, It's my turn today to share my April inspirations here on the 2Crafty blog. I don't know why,
 I seem to gravitate towards purple this month. My first layout is called «Treasure» and
it showcases an old picture of my father when he was about 16 years old.

"Treasure"

I used clear gesso to cover the whole background paper. Then, I used two shades of metallic
acrylic paint. When everything was dry, I used black archival ink to stamp some numbers
and some checkered patterns. I finally used black modeling paste through a square stencil.


To anchor my composition, I used some of the 6'' Clock Face Frames,
 which I embossed with purple embossing powder.




Here and there, under my clusters, I scattered some of the  
Checkerboard Clumps pieces, that were embossed in black.


At the end, I used some micro beads on my my background, and some embellishments.


My title piece, the word «Treasure», is from the Mini Word Set 1. I embossed it in copper.

2Crafty products used:
Checkerboard Clumps
6'' Clock Face Frames
Mini Word Set 1



"This Girl"
My second layout features my daughter. I can't believe how fast
she grew up: she's already reading!


On my background, I used some clear gesso all over.
(I forgot to show this step in the video tutorial, sorry!)
I then spread some white gesso to create the area where I'll spread some color.


Some modeling paste, shimmering paints, sprays, stamps
and ink were used to create the background.


My main composition is built around the beautiful Ava's Frames piece.
 I painted it with purple metallic acrylic paint.


I used flowers, die-cuts leaves and flair badges to embellish my layout.


I thought it looked good, but I wanted to add another piece of chipboard, painted in
 blue metallic acrylic paint, this time, so I went for one Heart Charms piece.


I placed it towards the bottom of my picture. All around the main cluster, I used some
micro beads, some glass glitter and other mica flakes to add texture.


My title piece is the This Girl chipboard, which I painted with the same
 purple metallic acrylic paint that I used before.

I made a video tutorial to share my creative process with you.
 I hope you enjoy it.
TO VIEW VIDEO CLICK HERE


2Crafty products used:
Heart Charms
Ava's Frames
This Girl

Thanks so much for stopping by today.